I was working on an inspiration board with a Jackie Kennedy theme and I got totally side tracked by her incredible wedding gown. I was intrigued by the fact that something from the 50s would be right on trend for weddings today...something I would definitely wear! So then, I got curious and started looking up wedding dresses of the stars, queens and other people. This turned into a little post that I shall call "The world's most elegant wedding dresses" that I wanted to share with you. (What girl doesn't love looking at wedding dresses, right?) These dresses are right on target with the 2012 wedding dress trends (except for Diana's GINORMOUS sleeves).
- Chelsea has the ruffled, tiered, horsehair trimmed skirt.
- Ivanka, the illusion neckline and lace sleeves.
- Princess Diana - I pretty much stuck her on here because...well, it's Princess Diana. But her train and veil are pretty much as romantic as you can get (which is the big thing for 2012). I love the fabric of her dress too.
- Next we have Melania (married Donald Trump) who's gown was so glamorous that Vogue asked if it could be on their cover. I just noticed that the bottom has a slight resemblance to Jackie Kennedy's dress.
- Nicole Kidman- ruffled sleeves, statement collar, and just romantic period.
- Kate Moss has sheer fabric with a slight glitter in places. It lays across her rocking body like body paint. HOT.
- Aww, Grace Kelly. She is the picture of perfection. Her dress is also right on trend for 2012 with it's illusion neckline and lace sleeves. I love how the middle section breaks up the dress and makes it look like different pieces.
- Then we have Kate Middleton - the one who started this romantic wedding trend for 2012. Notice the lace sleeves, long train, and beautiful neckline.
- Katharine Hepburn is rocking the tea length, puffy dress. Always a hit. AND gives you a chance to show off your super cute shoes.
- Jackie Kennedy, the ball gown shape, the embroidered pattern, the long veil. I will take it all please (except maybe that lace hat thing...kinda looks like a yamaka).
- I don't know if I grabbed Jessica Simpson's dress because I loved her dress or her bouquet. I think it was her bouquet. I love how it has the flowers hanging down. Very romantic.
- Next is Dita Von Teese, who scares me to death with her freaky ways, but has a super cool wedding dress. Such a bold choice of color and the fabric is beautiful and BIG, which I love.
- Carolyn Bessette has on a simple, silk gown. So simple and so elegant. I love the long veil with it to dress it up.
- Lastly, Carrie Bradshaw. This dress is just awesome. What girl didn't gasp when you saw it for the first time in "Sex and the City?" It's two tiered, huge and beautiful. Call me strange, but I even like the blue bird in her hair. It suits her.
Thanks to my Aunt Lynn for helping me on my quest to find the most elegant dresses. She, like me, never turns down an opportunity to talk wedding.
Wedding Photography by Will & Laurie Noblit of Streetlight Republic | www.StreetlightRepublic.com | Nashville Wedding Photographer